THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Cheerful Giver

"Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."
2 Corinthians 9:7

Over the past 3 1/2 years this verse has really taken on new meaning as I've watched Savannah grow from a super needy infant into a little girl who loves to give to others. Our little Savannah is most definitely a cheerful giver. In fact, she has of date given away ALL of her Valentine candy (and I assure you it's not because she doesn't like sweets). Although I thought it a little odd to hand out your candy to friends at dance, church, and even someone else's birthday party, who am I to stop her?! Anyway, just seeing her in action warms my heart. Hardly a day goes by when she doesn't see something that she wants to give away or make something to give to someone. I assure you she didn't get this quality from me . . . yet it is a subtle piece of my mom always present. During times when I miss mom so much it's neat to be able to see part of her in our sweet Savannah.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how sweet that is! i'm glad she has this trait and it's more special because it is a part of her grandma.
she is learning not to put so much emphasis on material things but on the love from our heart.
she's a special little girl! and we love her bunches!
dad/deb

Anna Morrison said...

this touched me this morning. tears are flooding my eyes. it is so neat to read how God has given savannah such a sweet heart for others.

i know you miss your mom. i love how the Lord has given this piece of your mom to savannah to show to others so you can still be close to her. i have chills.

love you, chrystal

Christian Carroll Stewart said...

That is so sweet!