THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Laundry Day!!!


As of 2:00 today our washing machine is FINALLY fixed! Praise the Lord. It is officially on the go and probably won't stop for a few days. We have laundry stacked all through out our hallway just waiting for the washer, but first up was of course Preston's load. Poor guy, I resorted to using Savannah's old bibs that were purple for a day, but we made it! I took pictures of the piles, but the picture doesn't even do justice to the enormous amount of clothes I have to wash.

Now for the funny part . . . leave it to Savannah to bring up what's really on her mind during prayer time at night. Last night's prayer was "Dear Jesus, thank you for today. I pray the washing machine gets fixed soon so I can eat oatmeal again." I couldn't stop laughing. Dave and I had been wondering why she had all of a sudden decided to switch to waffles for breakfast, but had no idea it was because she always drops oatmeal on her PJs, thereby creating more laundry. Interesting that she never mentioned that to us. I was sure to make her oatmeal this morning!

The good thing is that the repair only cost us $60! Whew! Loving that home warranty even if they are super slow. A huge thank you goes out to all of my friends that offered their laundry rooms. I even had one friend offer to come pick up my laundry and do it for me! I tell you, these kind of friends are hard to find!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Yea! Isn't it funny how the little things excite us?! Glad you can do laundry again:) So funny about what Savannah said. I hope she had a huge bowl of oatmeal this morning!

And I agree about the Home Warranty. Each year when it's time to renew, I hate it but I'm SO glad I did when we need to use it!!!

Anonymous said...

that was sooo sweet of savannah to "help" out by eating waffles! she has a good heart!
glad you got the washer fixed and are on the way to clean clothes.
hope everything stays fixed and all of you are well in the coming days!
love ya'll dad/deb