THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lots and Lots of Savings

This weekend has been filled with savings! It started on Thursday with a new consignment sale that I had never been to before. I went just to see what I could find for the baby and ended up with a ton of stuff! I got a exersaucer in great shape for $9 and a Jumparoo that looks practically new for $10 plus lots of other clothes for the kids. (That sounds weird already, kidS??) I got Savannah several name brand boutique dresses and nothing was over $10!!!

Then on Friday I was off to my very favorite consignment sale. I volunteer to work so that I can shop early and ended up with WAY TOO MUCH STUFF. I'm actually embarrassed at the amount of stuff I bought for Savannah as she can still wear her clothes from last year since she's potty trained now. Who can resist an adorable Gymboree outfit that looks new for only $8?? I did end up getting the baby boy (who still doesn't have a name) several things and even found some maternity stuff for me! Dave brought Savannah by to see me while I was working and bought some toys for him and Savannah.

Overall, we really got a ton of great stuff. I would have taken a picture but I was anxious to get it all washed so no picture this year. :( All I can give you is the number of things: Savannah got 9 OUTFITS, 8 dresses, 4 pairs of shoes ~ the baby boy got 15 outfits/sleepers (all the same thing when they're newborns) ~ I racked up 5 new pieces of clothing ~ all that along with 3 toys and the two baby necessities was $180.80!!

Saturday we headed to Gaffney to try to find some bedding for the nursery at the Pottery Barn outlet. We definitely struck out in terms of baby stuff, but managed to find Savannah an entire bedding set including sheets, 4 shams, and a quilt for an awesome price! I got it home and it looks fabulous with her drapes and mural that she already has in her room. As I sit here now and listen to her jump up and down in her crib, I think it's time to make the transition to the double bed . . . but we'll have to wait until daddy has time to set it up. Pottery Barn had a huge sale and we ended up with a new shirt for the baby ($1.76) and some fun new bath toys. We also hit the Children's Place outlet and scored some of their fabulous pajamas for $1.69!!

This week starts super doubles at Kmart so I'm already getting anxious about what I can get for free there. There is rumor that Harris Teeter is doing triples for an entire week starting Wednesday so that's something to plan for too.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Good job on your savings! The Harris Teeter rumor is TRUE!! I can't wait. And I can't wait to stock up on more wipes/diapers at Kmart:)

I bet Savannah will love her new big girl bed and bedding. You need to take a picture of it when it's done!

Dolly said...

It was fun seeing you Chrystal. I wanted to see a picture of all you got at the consignment sale. You did good!

You need to post a pic of all you get at HT too!

Stephanie said...

Chrystal - Who do you hear rumors about Harris Teeter from? Girl, you crack me up!