THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

God's Blessings

Today has been such a full day . . . full of God's blessings all around for us and some of my dearest friends. Let me share with you a glimpse of His blessings:

First of all, my precious friend Scarlet just left the hospital with her newly adopted baby girl. She has been so faithful and patient in waiting for God's timing and received a call Tuesday afternoon that her baby was being born. Just like that, out of the blue, she became a mom. I just talked to her and found out that she is on the way home with Josie Renee Sellers!! Welcome baby Josie!

Then, my dear friend Elaine called to let me know that the procedure went perfectly this morning with baby Ethan. You may have read her Caring Bridge page linked to my blog, but just in case you don't know, Ethan had a trach put in just about a year ago to the day. He has had many ups and downs and countless emergency trips to the ER, but today he will begin a normal life! Elaine says "It was all worth it to see how God has used Ethan in the lives of so many people." WOW!! She is simply amazing.

There's more . . . another friend (unnamed as of now) called to tell me that she might be having twins!! She'll know for sure on Monday, but for now the doctor's pretty sure there are two babies in her tummy. Hooray!!

Lastly, there's my own precious child. Words cannot even express how much joy she has given me over the past week. Life seems so much easier now that she can communicate so clearly. I love watching her little personality develop as she is learning so quickly. Here are her latest accomplishments: she beginning to count, recognize several different letters, recognize our "church" as we are approaching, say welcome when we say thank you, and also helping to pick up things and put them in the proper place. As for her new expressions, there are many, but my favorites are "No problem" and "A Man". I love her!!!

Thank you Lord for the countless ways that you are working in my life and the lives of my closest friends. Today it has been quite evident what an awesome God you are and how perfect Your timing and plans are for us.

No comments: