THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Down to One Nap :(

This has been a really great weekend. Although Dave worked on Saturday and has to work tomorrow too, we took some time out on Saturday afternoon to go to a local Labor Day festival. It was fun walking around and seeing all of the craft booths. Savannah did great, despite the fact that the entire back of her head was soaked with sweat! Afterwards we hit the local Brusters Ice Cream store for a special treat.

Here's the thing, for the past four days I've tried my hardest to wear her out before nap time in hopes that she'd keep up her two naps a day to accommodate my afternoon tutoring times. However, by 10:30 or 11:00 in the morning she's unbelievably fussy wanting her morning nap. So, of course I put her to sleep and she sleeps her normal 1 - 1.5 hours and then doesn't take a nap at all in the afternoon. This continued through the weekend . . . I just knew that after a few hours out in the heat on Saturday she would definitely take an afternoon nap when we got home. Forget about it!! I think the two naps a day are a thing of the past for us. No matter what time she takes her morning nap, she's refusing to take an afternoon nap at all. Thankfully, she has been pretty pleasant though so I really can't complain. I just have to figure out how to tutor with her awake?! YIKES!

1 comment:

Anna Morrison said...

ROOMTIME!! Use that for your tutoring times. Seriously. I am dealing with similar things here in the Morrison home. Kalen just joined the "no-nap club" and Brayden is on again and off again with two naps a day. Life is always interesting isn't it? You are rolling with the punches. Great job!