THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Monday, May 05, 2025

UNC Move Out!!!


I can't believe it's time to move this beauty out of her dorm and that her first year of college is DONE!!  She persevered through a lot of drama with her roommate but survived, and I'd like to think she came out stronger. :)  We had planned to move her out on Thursday after her last final (and when Dave had the month already closed), but she decided to skip the final and come home today instead.  Unfortunately, that meant only the two of us were available for move out.  I was like this is going to be so easy . . but boy was I wrong!  When I arrived, her room was not packed and a total disaster.  


It took us two solid hours to pack the car, and there were times I knew it wasn't all going to fit.  I was between wanting to cry and scream most of the morning, but thankfully, I avoided both. LOL

We used every inch of the 92" length available in my car and somehow crammed it all in.  The last step was to unloft her bed.  I accidentally dropped it on her head, and when it fell, the metal piece bent and wouldn't go back into the frame.  This meant we had to go back to the car and dig out the hammer from her toolkit so I could pound it back in and avoid any damage charges.  Whew!

She turned in her keys, found an expo marker from the lounge to sign the sheet, and we were off to plus swipe one last CFA meal and pick up her free Cane's before heading home for the summer.


We did it!!!!


And arrived home safe and sound!! This mama is SO thankful to have my girl home for the summer and to have family dinner together tonight!
 

No comments: