So many days I take being a mom and the amazing blessing of these two kiddos for granted. On the hard and frustrating days, I forget that not every woman is as lucky as I am. So today I celebrate WITH Dave and the kids . . . I'm not one to enjoy lavish gifts and spend the day with my feet propped up, but my day was perfect. I was able to do some Shipt orders, we went to church and for a long walk on the greenway, and the kids made my favorite dessert for me. And let me not forget the amazing card Dave made and the umbrella gift that I desperately needed. All in all, it was a wonderful day (despite the rainy, dreary day) spent with the ones I love most. Man, I'm so blessed and thankful.
It will always be a harder day as I miss my mom more and more with each passing year, but I know she would be proud. I also know she is cheering us on and that the day is coming when we will celebrate with her again. So to the woman who taught me how to do this mom thing, I love you!!


No comments:
Post a Comment