Preston was invited to run in the track conference championship meet today at Independence High School. His event was the 4x200, and he was thrilled to be running with the fast seniors! Dave was able to slide away from work (during month-end) to see him run, and then he headed back to work. I was waiting for Preston to get his official time before we could leave and head home . . . and then he realized that they actually placed, and he wanted to stay to get his medal. At first, I was like, can't someone just bring it to you at school?! LOL That was a hard no, so I agreed to wait. While we were waiting, a kid who was supposed to run the 4x100 relay was injured, so Preston was asked to fill in for that relay as well. And that team also placed so this freshman kid walked away with TWO medals at the conference track meet!! Not only that, the PHS team placed first overall, so that meant that Preston wanted to wait until the VERY end for the trophy presentation. Dave and I tag-teamed it, and he came back to the meet after he left work so I could get home (after 3+ hours at a track meet) to get dinner pulled together. It was a very, very long afternoon, but in the end, it was worth it for this kid to be so proud and to be able to have this chance to celebrate with his team.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment