THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Tuesday, May 20, 2025

Landscape Project


For months we have talked about getting our backyard landscaping fixed . . . the huge trees killed the Bermuda grass, which caused all the dirt to erode into the French drain and also washed out the neighbor's yard every time a large storm comes.  I've received many quotes and spoken to numerous landscapers before settling on a company to do the job.  Part of the discussion was over Preston's treehouse, which has caused some of the problems with the rain draining off the top and washing out the dirt below.  We had talked with Preston many times about potentially getting rid of the treehouse, but he was not willing to bend, even though he really wasn't using it anymore.  

BUT, this week as the landscapers were in full action, he was home when I was out talking to the owner and finally agreed that "if it could go to a good family with a kid who would love it," he would part with it.  SO, the next morning at 7am I listed it on Facebook.  There was tons of interest, but when a lady messaged me saying her son was a contractor, could come today, and had the equipment necessary to get it out, I was like come on!!

 This man showed up with a huge bobcat and worked tirelessly for over an hour to single-handedly, successfully remove this treehouse from our backyard and load it onto his trailer.  It is going to a good family with not one kid, but THREE, who have been begging for a treehouse . . . so I think it will be in good company and be well loved. :)  Now if we can just finish out this huge project!

No comments: