They called me that afternoon and said it was something electrical that just needed to be reset, but she was good to go. Suspicious, but okay. Long story short, 24 hours later, the SAME thing happened, only I was not safely at home. I braved the highway traffic and drove the car straight to the dealership after hours and left the car. They called the next day saying it was a hybrid battery problem (I'll save you the details of me literally yelling when they tried to say it was probably because a kid spilled water on the battery and I needed to pay $400 for them to figure out if it was a warranty issue). Once the manager got involved, they tore the car apart to discover that the hybrid battery did need to be replaced, only the batteries were out of stock and no one had a battery for an undetermined amount of time.
So, Toyota graciously put me in a rental that was painfully low to get in and out of and literally had a bullet hole in the side of the passenger door. I drove that for a week before I could take it no longer and traded it for Smoky, which reeked of disinfectant spray to cover the smoke smell. Two weeks later, I finally got my beloved Pearl back! What a mess!



No comments:
Post a Comment