I have to say that I think this is what we have . . . a strong willed child. She is so determined to have her way that it drives me insane. Two of us together and it's a constant battle around here.
Take yesterday when we tried to go grocery shopping. Savannah starts reaching over the seat into the cart and throwing my groceries onto the floor. Now the first couple of times I said no and put the groceries back into the cart, but by the time we reached the check out line I had had enough! I popped her hand and sternly said "NO" to which she responded with a scream so loud that I'm sure most everyone in the store heard. At this point, I felt as if everyone was staring and waiting to see what the first time mommy was going to do. Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue what to do with her, but I being strong willed myself, I wasn't about to let her have her way so as she reached over into the cart again to throw my bread onto the floor I once again popped her hand, to which she yelped out again. I just let her cry.
Thanks to one of my student's moms advice I'm going to get the book The Strong Willed Child by Dobson. This should be an interesting read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment