THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Monday, December 31, 2018

NYE Projects & Fun


Recovering our breakfast table chairs has been on my "to do" list for a LONG time . . . and today Savannah was ready to tackle the project.  I started with the first one and just had Savannah help me, but honestly, it didn't turn out great.  So for the next chair, I just let Savannah take over and it turned out awesome.  She was like "I'll unscrew the bottom and gather the corners; I'd do the nail gun too if you'll let me."  Well she went to town and I became her assistant. :) 



 After tackling half of the chairs we went out for some fun at Chuck E Cheese!


Both kids had a BLAST!!  It's a rare treat that we get to go just spend some time playing games AND for mom to pay, but the kids really have been awesome over break so I thought they deserved some fun!  Plus, it is New Year's Eve. :)  Chuck E Cheese himself helped Savannah play Wheel of Fortune before being mobbed by little kids.  Just for the record, Preston was also in attendance, but he was running around so fast (not wanting to waste our 45 minutes of free play) I couldn't even get his picture! 



So we came home, finished the chairs, knocked a few more things off my never-ending list, had dinner, enjoyed bundt cake for dessert and are all ready to bring in 2019. 

2018 has been quite the year.  We are finally all feeling at home in our new house and are thankful to be happy and healthy too.  At dinner, the kids and I talked about a few goals for the New Year.  Here are a few of them:

Me - continue with exercise every day of the week, continue not leaving any gym class early, continue only eating between 10am - 7pm, add in one new recipe a week for the family and limited dessert treats ( to encourage Savannah on her goal)

Preston - to practice soccer 5 days a week, only have one serving of gum a day

Savannah - to only have dessert 3 days a week, reading through the Bible in its entirety this year

Dave - two thumbs down . . he's never made resolutions and never will

Here's to a wonderful, happy, healthy, fun-filled, memory-making, Christ-filled 2019!!!

No comments: