THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Saturday, October 03, 2015

Rain + Strep = A Weekend at HOME

When Savannah started complaining about her throat hurting Thursday night I thought it was just drainage since she had no fever and her throat really wasn't that red . . . but when she got off of the bus Friday after school I immediately knew something was wrong.  We quickly went home and she had to lay down for me to take her temperature.  I called the doctor right away as the thermometer continued to rise above 101.  Thankfully, they were able to work us in even though all of the offices were completely booked for the day and we left with a prescription  for an antibiotic to make her strep all better.  However, the nurse totally gagged her when she swabbed her throat and she threw up all over the place.  Then again while we were waiting for the medicine and again after she went to bed.  Gross!

Combine that with this nasty weather and well, it's just been a day for Savannah to enjoy lots of TV and quiet time at home.  Preston had a party to go to and we had planned to attend Carmel's 50th celebration and have dinner tonight, but Dave and I worked it all out so that she could stay home and Preston could still get to all of his fun events.

I, on the other hand have been running around like crazy today.  The morning started with a 12 mile run on the treadmill.  It was pretty miserable, but with this torrential rain I really didn't have much of an option to get my last long run in before the half in two weeks.  Dave went into to work so the kids spent most of the morning just playing low key things.  Then once Dave got home to do more work, I left with Preston to take him to his party and run a bunch of errands.  I am just about caught up again with sick child clean up and errands, so hopefully tomorrow will truly be a much, much needed day of rest for us all at the Bachmann house.  :)

No comments: