THE BACHMANN FOUR

Welcome to the craziness of our life!

Thursday, February 26, 2015

A Family Read Aloud


A couple of weeks ago we had some extra time between church activities and decided to go to the library on campus.  I picked up this book, Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh, and decided we'd try to read it together as a family.  I know we've done read alouds before, but honestly I can't remember any of them because I'd always bail out leaving Dave to finish reading. :(  Anyway, this book totally captured that attention of ALL of us.  As we'd finish a chapter the kids would beg for another and I actually enjoyed reading to them!  If we read while Dave was at work we'd be sure to catch him up at dinner before we read another chapter.  Anyway, we finally finished the book!  It was a great story, but more than that we all enjoyed reading it together.

No comments: